- ENERGY SERVICES
- Domestic Energy Performance Certificates (EPC)
- Commercial Energy Performance Certificates (EPC)
- SBEM Calculations (SBEM BRUKL PARTL)
- SAP Calculations (SAP EPC)
- Display Energy Certificates (DEC)
- Air Conditioning Inspections (TM 44)
- Asbestos Surveys and Consultancy
- Air Permeability Tests (Air Pressure Test & Air Leakage Test)
- Noise Tests and Consultancy
- Water Efficiency Calculation
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Ventilation Test
- ORDER NOW - FREE QUOTES
- TERMS & CONDITIONS
- CONTACT US
Ground cooling uses the relatively constant ground temperature to provide summertime cooling through ground heat exchangers. These heat exchangers could either be air-to-ground or water-to-ground (aquifer):
Ground-coupled air cooling – the outside air is drawn through an underground system by a ventilation plant. Heat transfer from the ground results in cooler air in the summer. The technique is suitable for new mechanically ventilated buildings with appropriate ground conditions. The main benefits are reduced peak demand for cooling, which helps to reduce the size and cost of the HVAC system. Favorable factors include ground temperatures of less than 11.9°C and softer ground medium. Pipes are typically placed at 4.9m depth and sufficient land area should be available for the output requirements. The recommended distance between pipes is 1 m.
Ground water cooling – this technique exploits the nearly constant temperature of underground water, access to which is through wells or purpose-built reservoirs. Low temperature water is pumped up to the surface to a heat exchanger through which ventilation air passes. Alternatively, the ground water can be passed through coils fitted in walls or ceilings. Only certain sites have appropriate ground water conditions, and therefore this method has limited application.
The ground-coupled air cooling systems can either provide fully independent room air cooling or be supplementary to other mechanical ventilation. Capital costs are relatively high and application is for commercial buildings.
Future BY Energy
Future BY Energy Ltd is a professional energy assessor company with a rich understanding of the UK energy market. We offer independent professional expertise in mechanical engineering for all domestic and commercial buildings and strategic energy advice. As expert designers and specifiers of heating-cooling systems, we pride ourselves in finding affordable energy efficient solutions for new and existing buildings. We have top level experience in a wide range of building types in both commercial and domestic sectors.
As registered energy assessors we provide:
• Domestic Energy Performance Certificates (EPC)
• SAP calculation and predicted energy assessment for new built dwellings (EPC-SAP/PartL)
• SBEM calculation for Commercial buildings (SBEM/Part L)
• Commercial Energy Performance Certificates (EPC)
• Display Energy Certificates for Public buildings (DEC)
• Air Conditioning Inspections (TM44)
• Asbestos surveys and consultancy
• Air permeability-Leakage test
• Sound test and acoustic consultancy
Please do not hesitate to contact, Behdad Yazdani, on 02081440820, who will be pleased to advise you.